Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vancouver Pride

Decked out in Canuck gear, I was feeling pretty patriotic downtown last night watching the game. Although I was sad we were loosing, we left halfway through the third period, scared of what might happen after the game. Our parents were all texting us to get out of there. On my way home, I got a text message that a car was being torched, but I didn't believe it until I got home and watched it on a live feed. I watched my fellow citizens, hit each other, break windows and pose for pictures like they're proud of what they did. I'm ashamed. I called 3-4 of my friends to make sure they got out ok, and received similar calls insuring my safety. I watched for two hours while police tried to calm the unruly crowd. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and went to bed hoping nobody got hurt. With all the phones, cameras and social media, I hope they didn't think they were going to get away with it. To the rioters themselves: you shamed your city.

1 comment:

  1. Argh some people are just so dumb....after the wonderful Olympics we had they had to go and ruin the great reputation we worked so hard for. And now we'll never have fun events downtown again...EVER....thanks losers!!!

    ReplyDelete