Thursday, September 8, 2011

BFFN - Best friends for now

When I was little, I looked up to my Grandma who still gets together with friends she had from grade school and thought that a successful friendship meant that you had to stay friends for a SUPER long time. Over the years as friends have come and gone in my life, I don't consider them failed. I think friends fill a special role in life, and they should be valued, but it's not sad when they leave. Maybe you've just grown apart, and don't have the same things in common anymore. Maybe for whatever reason you helped someone through a specific time, or they helped you and when it was over you lost touch. I've had super close friends fade in and out of my life, and I always look back fondly on the fun times we had together, but it doesn't make me sad. Maybe I beleive too much in fate, but I think it's ok to let people go sometimes, and support new people if they need you. Cheers to all the friends I've had in the past, the ones that put up with me now, and the ones I'll make later.

No comments:

Post a Comment