Friday, November 4, 2011

Aloneness

Some things have come up while living alone that I didn't anticipate. Some parts are pretty cool, like everything is where I left it so I have less of a chance of loosing things. I can also make bad judgment calls, like eating toast for dinner two nights in a row. But other things are kind of annoying, like when I'm getting ready in the morning, there's no other person to zip the back up, or help me with a bracelet, or tell me what I'm wearing looks ok. When I oversleep a nap, there's no one else to wake me up, I just keep sleeping. Even travelling alone on the ferry, I either have to take all my stuff with me to the bathroom, or trust that someone around me will watch it for me if I ask them to. I have a new appreciation for the friends of mine that live on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment