Monday, February 6, 2012

Irresponsible influence

A while back, Greg's family had a large rock thrown through the window of one of their vehicles. Nothing was stolen, the rock was solely vandelism.

It's cliche, but I have to shout out to our towns teenagers. It's time to take responsibility for the influence you have on your generations reputation. I spent a lot of time as a teenager volunteering, and doing good deeds in the neighbourhood to have a positive change on how older generations expected me to act based on my age. When I acted against their perceptions, they were surprised. Think back, how many times did you walk into a store, and be asked to leave your backpack at the front? Or watched while you shopped? To change this perception, the majority need to outweigh the negativity of a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment