Friday, June 21, 2013

Junk watch


I've been moved out on my own for almost a year at this point, but I still can't help but be on the lookout for junk people left at the side of the road. Lets be clear that a lot of it is actually junk that belongs there for the garbage man to take it away, but once in a while it's good stuff. Greg's bbq, my nightstand, a cd player, an organizer we keep in the storage under the stairs to name a few. The items I didn't get from strangers I got from my family, such as my tv stand, the two Ikea organizers, and my coffee tables. When you're moving out for the first time and have nothing, anything sounds great. Sometimes I call Greg, "do you need a _____?" and he knows I'm not standing in a store where they're selling one for a good price. It's hard to shake yourself of that mentality, and even now I notice things people leave out.

No comments:

Post a Comment