Wednesday, July 16, 2014

All of us

You've probably heard John Legend's song, All Of Me on the radio, its a very touching, heartwarming song. The music video matches the sentiment perfectly too. And I don't much like it. This idea of "giving all of yourself to someone" isn't a new idea, but it doesn't make much sense does it? What do you have left when they up and take off with all of you? Nothing? Alright, go ahead and defend true love, tell me I don't understand because maybe I've never felt the kind of love that's all encompassing and makes you WANT to give that all up, but I'm not convinced.


I don't think any one thing in your life should get ALL of you. I bet you're missing out on something else important like your job, your family or life in general. Or what about time for yourself and your well being, wait...opps, you gave all of you away. I found that having time, hobbies and friends apart actually made my relationships up to this point healthier. Sorry ladies if I ruined the song for you. Sorry gentlemen, but all of me just ain't up for grabs.


I was also upset to see that despite the lyrics, "loves all your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections" that the chick in that video clearly didn't have any of the above.


Skinny and gorgeous. Maybe a couple imperfections like parallel parking, or cooking. Lets just give her the benefit of the doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment