Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ride on

On Father's Day, I registered for the 2015 Ride to Conquer Cancer. On the application I got to circle that I want my fundraising to go directly to Lymphoma. I also need to raise $2500 and train to ride 260km to Seattle in August 2015. Two months to the day after I lost my dad to cancer, I bought a bike second hand to reach my goal.



I can't ever say enough good things about the man, and how he made such a positive impact on my life and who I've become. I've always been a daddy's girl, and anyone who spends more than 10 minutes around me picks up on how much he meant to me.


I'm no where near coping with loosing him, and sometimes I wake up hoping it was all a bad dream, but my family and friends are helping me move upward and onward.

I keep taking on these runs, obstacle course races, and challenges thinking it'll be the time I bite off more than I can chew, but I keep surprising myself. So far I'm a Spartan, a Warrior, a Concrete Hero and a Mudder. I want to make it over this finish line too.

But I need your help. Donate. Post this to your wall. Share my story, not because it's unusual, but because it's far too common.

http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Vancouver2015?px=3775976&pg=personal&fr_id=1524

No comments:

Post a Comment