Monday, May 2, 2016

Good granddaughter


I went to go visit Grammy in her old folks home Sunday and the ladies there like to tell me I'm a good granddaughter. People on my Facebook that see all our selfies together say it too, but I'll be honest, it breaks my heart a little everytime. This is a lady who baked me chocolate chip cookies, who took my shopping at the dollar store, who had me over for sleep overs to watch Wheel a Fortune, and who always had stashes of candy for me, just to name a few. Her home is a 45 minute drive from where I live, but I still think going to visit her with a coffee to play our own interpretive game of crib is something I should do more. It doesn't make me good in anyway, that is what I SHOULD be doing. I hope when I'm her age, I hope I have little shits for grandkids, and they better come visit me too. Even when it's hard. Even when I don't remember them. They'll know I love them, and they'll take a few hours out of their busy lives to bring me chocolates and play bingo. Little theoretical buggers, they better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment