Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Yummy hamburger

This photo came up on my news feed on Facebook the other day...


I know what they were trying to do, show a bunch of people having a super great time so you'd want to go there. Like the big, fact juicy hamburger ads that make your mouth water. Maybe it's a late twenties thing, but that is entirely NOT the reaction it elicited for me. I looked at that photo and smiled that I was at home in pjs and fuzzy socks, cuddling the cat on the couch and NOT there with all those sweaty drunk people. Sometimes I think I still want to do that, and then eleven o'clock rolls around, I'm downtown, usually dressed up, not drinking because I need to somehow get myself home, dancing, it's loud, hot and wondering to myself, "why did I think this was a good idea?" Nothing against the Biltmore, but that's a juicy hamburger I'm not craving to take a bite out of lately...

No comments:

Post a Comment