Monday, June 20, 2016

Organ on

II just renewed my license, and with it in the mail came a donor registry card. Reminded me of when I was a kid, maybe 6 or 7 and the family got our new care cards. Back then you had to put a sticker on the front to designate your opting into organ donation. 

I remember my parents sitting us down to have a serious conversation about how we could save lives, and how many people are waiting for organs. Of course it turned into an hour long conversation where my parents had to assure us over and over again that people weren't going to break into our rooms at night and start harvesting our organs while we slept. "So you're FOR SURE dead when this happens?" And just in case you think that's only for children...


Anyways, I'll save you the guilt trip about saving people, and their families the greif of loosing them. 


On the card it says, "Live life. Pass it on." Which is a nice way of saying, "You won't need your organs when you're dead" so sign up. Hopefully you'll die of old age, long after anyone wants your organs, that's the plan right? But if not, and if I can save a family from losing a loved one, I will. 

Here's the website:
transplant.bc.ca 


No comments:

Post a Comment