Saturday, July 16, 2016

Selfie remorse

This week I posted a selfie of me having a good hair day before I went to the gym.


If that wasn't bad enough, I then posted ANOTHER selfie on the same post AFTER if been to the gym to show how sweaty I was and how lost my good hair day was. 


I'll be honest, I felt yucky after. I didn't feel good about it. I felt like I'd cheated myself the ability to feel pretty on my own, and traded it in for needing confirmation from my friends on social media. I instantly started to worry about how many likes I'd get and what people would think of me. Not a good feeling. 


As big of a user as I am of Facebook, in the last year I've changed my mind a little about the whole thing. We need to love ourselves regardless of the likes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment