Sunday, August 28, 2016

#CatCrazy

There was a very distinct moment when I knew there was no denying I'm a cat person. It was not the cat shirt. 


It was not the cat bag.


It was not the cat mugs. 


Nope, it wasn't those things.


It wasn't even the endless cat snaps! 


It was this. 


Don't focus on the very manly "his" nightstand of the two his and hers, although I've decked it out like I'm excited I have a need for it in my life. 


It's the glass. Let me give you some back story. I distinctly remember being at a family members house over the holidays a few years back, who were cat owners. While I was sitting on the couch, they warned me not to drink the glass of water sitting beside me on the coffee table. "That's the cats water" they said. "She just started drinking out of our glass one day, so now we refill it specifically for her" I distinctly remember thinking how nuts they were, and how strange cat people can be. 

Fast forward a few years. Kyle likes bringing a glass of water to bed, but a few times I caught Beasty drinking out of it. So then I started refilling it every couple of days. Then I changed the glass to have a wider mouth on it so her little face doesn't get stuck when she drinks too much and the water level goes down. Now I change the glass and her water dish, the latter of the two which is always still full. 

...and now I'm officially #catcrazy. I have this theory that it's the ammonia in their pee that flips something in human's brains. Or the cat hair we ingest. Whatever it is, it's happened. 


I'm a sucker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment