Saturday, August 13, 2016

Overseas text

Sometimes when I haven't blogged for a while I wonder if nothing exciting has happened to me, or I'm just not feeling inspired. Tonight I don't know if it was more exciting getting an overseas text at 2am, or that I was actually awake to read it. Don't give me too much credit, I had a nap earlier that got out of hand. Has this happened to you though? The text, not the nap...


It's also worth mentioning I was watching Pink do a cover of Cindy Lauper's "Time after time" when I got the "one more time" text, so naturally, I was tripping balls. So I did what anyone in my generation would do, and I googled it. Of course it did not disappoint. 


Oh! So this is fun! I get scroll to my country code and see where my text is from...


49 is Germany! Now keep in mind, as someone who hasn't done much travelling...ok, that's an understatement. I'ver never left the continent, so the people I know abroad are limited to people I know from here, who have for whatever reason, travelled there. This is a select few, in a select few places. 


Poland!!! Nope. I know nobody. And I'm scared shitless to text them back, because gawd knows what that will cost me on my phone bill. But this document, secret intelligence? Treasure map? The secret of life? With my luck, some poor Polish kid got confused sending their homework for a group project, but dude, that's pretty confused! Also, it is 11:34am on a Saturday there, I googled that too. Plan your time better my little confused friend. Rock on all weekend and do all your homework Sunday night like the C average kid you can be! 



No comments:

Post a Comment