Monday, March 12, 2018

Departure Bay

On a recent trip back from Vancouver Island, I was panicking unnessearily to make a ferry, when I punched “departure bay” into my google maps. Turns out you must also add “terminal” to this search, because when you don’t, it takes you to some random neighbourhood nowhere near the water. As we...okay I started to compose myself and get us turned around, another car did the same thing. I started to tell my sister about it when we got home, and she finished my sentence, she’d done same thing too! 



Made me wonder how many random visitors that pocket of neighbourhood gets per day, weekend, or month. Do they keep a tally? Do they laugh about it with each other while they mow their lawns? If I lived there, I’d make a big sign on my front lawn, “Departure Bay TERMINAL ya dipshit!!” And then sit out in a lawn chair and watch the merital disputes unfold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment